The Adam Russell Gelfand Fellowship is a specially named annual teacher grant program administered by the BEF. Funding for the program was provided with the generous support of the Gelfand’s friends and family and the Adam Russell Gelfand Family Trust. Recipients are BEF Teacher Grant applicants whose grant proposal most closely represents the goals of the Gelfand Fellow Program.
- To commemorate the life of Adam Russell Gelfand and his love of education and to create a lasting tribute to his memory
- To honor an outstanding Brookline Public School teacher each year
- To provide the financial resources to support the professional development of each Gelfand fellow through a grant, such grant to be used for continuing education/training, travel, curriculum development/enrichment, or other similar pursuit
- To recognize the importance of geography, mathematics, and poetry as part of the elementary curriculum in the Brookline Public Schools and to encourage innovation in their teaching
- To acknowledge the unique relationship that can exist between teachers and their students
Gelfand Fellowship Recipients